Reference Check Question
Coach Your References
Prior to making a job offer,
a potential employer will probably check your references.
You should try to coach your personal references to make
sure they remember important information about you and to be
sure they agree with you in regards to your work experience and abilities.
Make sure they
can give good detailed answers to common reference check
questions such as these:
- When did this person start working at your
company and when did they leave?
- Why did
they leave this position?
- What was their salary?
- What was their position and can you describe their responsibilities?
- How was their attendance and punctuality?
Did they get along with management and co-workers?
- What is this person's strengths and weaknesses?
Are there any areas where they need improvement?
- Would you rehire this person?
- If I describe the available position we
interviewed this person for, would you feel that this person is a good fit the position?
- Is there any other information that you would like to share with me
about this person?
Consider using a reference check service for additional help.