Former recruitment agency experts answer
employment questions, candidly suggesting how to
negotiate your salary, find a really good job,
handle phone interviews, and more.
Sage advice like this is
thank you letter example
of an interview thank you letter:
- To express appreciation for the employer's time
- To reiterate your interest in the position
- To remind the employer about your
qualifications for the position
- To mention something you forgot to say during
in the interview
- To show that you have good manners
- To provide any information the employer may
have requested that you send after the interview
(i.e references or school transcripts)
to do if you haven't hear back from the employer:
The interviewer should have mentioned at the
interview the process and timelines for them to
make a decision. If they did not then use your
thank you letter to ask.
If more than a week has passed beyond the date
when they said you would hear something then call
or email to politely inquire about the status.
Something may have changed. A polite inquiry
shows you are still interested and encourages the
employer to make a decision soon.
Get cover letter help:
Cover Letters - We'll create the
perfect covering letter for you.