Former recruitment agency experts answer
employment questions, candidly suggesting how to
negotiate your salary, find a really good job,
handle phone interviews, and more.
Sage advice like this is
for First Job Success
* Be punctual and maintain a good appearance.
* Make sure you understand your assignments. Get
clarification on anything you are unsure of.
* Don't be afraid to ask questions. People
understand that you are learning about the
company and your job and how things are done
* Communicate frequently with your manager.
* Act professionally. Treat those around you with
respect and avoid gossip and office politics.
* Be willing to learn and adapt to your new
* Keep a positive attitude.
* Learn what criteria your performance will be
measured by. The most common reason for falling
short of success in a new position is the failure
to understand what management expects of you.
* Offer new ideas. As a new person, you may be
able to identify opportunities for improvement
within the company. Just be acreful on how you
bring up your ideas since some could feel you are
directly criticizing them. Be positive and