Former recruitment agency experts answer
employment questions, candidly suggesting how to
negotiate your salary, find a really good job,
handle phone interviews, and more.
Sage advice like this is
Q. I've been laid off.
What do I do now?
A. Being laid-off unexpectedly
can be a confusing experience and it is hard to
focus on what to do next, or where to begin.
You should assess your financial situation to
determine how long you can survive without a
regular paycheck and make adjustments to your
budget as necessary. Next, focus on your job
Here's a quick checklist to follow:
- Ask your employer about severance pay, accrued
time, & sick pay, continuing health &
life insurance coverage, etc.
- Ask about what outplacement resources they
might have available for you.
- Request a reference letter for your files.
- Apply for unemployment benefits.
- Put your resume on all the top career sites. Follow this link...
- Send your resume to specialized recruiters. Follow this link...