Former recruitment agency experts answer
employment questions, candidly suggesting how to
negotiate your salary, find a really good job,
handle phone interviews, and more.
Sage advice like this is
|Job Network: Networking
Successful networking requires preparation.
Set out a list of objectives -
know what you want to get from every encounter:
- Learn about unpublished job opportunities
- Get referrals to an opportunity you did not
- Keep current with trends and personalities in
- Gain greater perspective about your target
- Increase your base of contacts so that you have
a greater search reach
(the more people who know who you are, know what
you do, and what you want
to do, the more likely you are to connect with
- Learn about the problems and needs in
organizations, therefore improving
your target market effectiveness
- Gain other information that will lead you to
the hidden job market
Make sure to offer any information, help and
insight you can in return.
Networking should be mutually beneficial whenever
possible. Thank the
contact and make plans to meet again. Keep the
contact aware of your future
career moves and ask about their plans.